Purples and Blues

Hello! My name is Sarah Pilley and this is my blog, I'm not sure exactly what I'll be posting on here but it will be a new, fun adventure. I am very passionate about playing with dogs, making good art, eating yummy food, and living life to the fullest. Creating is what makes my heart happy and I like to apply creativity to everything I do.

I am an artist so I constantly try to think of new ideas that can keep my art interesting and the creativity juices going. I mostly work in watercolor, my favorite medium. However, I try to use all types of mediums to broaden my skills and continue learning.

On the other hand, I'm always excited to try out new recipes... or just add sriracha sauce to already great food. Sriracha sauce and crushed red pepper flakes are both used on the daily for me. I've been a vegan for about a year and a half but I still have lots of recipes that I want to try out.

Photography is something that I've been interested in for the longest time but I've never had classes or anything on how to properly take pictures. I do have an older sister who has and she gives me help and tips. I would like to start taking more photos and that's why I'm showcasing some that I took earlier today in my very first post, right here!

Honestly, these pictures were sparked by boredom. Although, once I started taking the pictures I got into it and focused more on the lighting. The LIFX lights that pair with the Alexa dot can change colors and I used mostly purple and blue with some pink. Recently, I started watching Riverdale, an amazing show that I would definitely recommend by the way, and finished it shortly after because it's on Netflix. Back to the point, many scenes are shot in a 24 hour diner called "Pop's" lit by blue and red lights. So I got into the idea of creating different photos similar to that color scheme. Here are some of the pictures taken on my Nikon D5300.

A little triptych I like to call: "'Why Doesn't My Hair Do What I Want It To Do?"


A cute picture of my pup, Sirius, who you'll hear a lot about on here. He is acctually the cutest thing in the world, as you can see.


Another picture of myself which was layered from two of the pictures in the triptych to create this ghostly affect which I thought looked interesting.


And to end off the post, some up close photos because why not?




Well, that is all I have to say but thanks for coming to my blog and checking out what I have to say! Hopefully you'll come back soon and have a productive, wonderful day :)

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts